Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Musically talented students leading the production


Wow, our school is full of really musically talented students. It is Asia after all, and the Asians I have seen play in NZ are young and extremely gifted. The year 5 and 6 students are preparing for their production “The Jungle Book”. A small group of students are the orchestra and are playing the music for the songs. Actually it’s a quintet, with a violinist, a flutist, a pianist, a cellist and a drummer. All girls I might add. The quintet were up stairs playing today and accompanying the remainder of the students as they sing the songs for the production . I loved the song “I want to be like you.”. The whole deal, music and singing sounded fantastic. Incredible, where else would five 10 year olds lead 80 students with their music. Only in Asia.

3 comments:

Izzy said...

Inspirational! What a treat to see and hear those dedicated students making lovely music.

Izzy said...

Inspirational! What a treat to see and hear those dedicated students making lovely music.

ianmac said...

Those kids exude confidence. Kids can do anything if they want to enough.