The travel group from BIS were heading to Mui Ne for the weekend so I joined in. Mui Ne is a beautiful beach about 150 kms north,up the coast from Ho Chi Minh. However with all the traffic, leaving on the Friday and coming back into Ho Chi Minh Sunday the journey took 6 hours. That’s another post
The long sweeping beach stretches right around a huge bay to the township miles away. While the resort had a pool, the beach and the sea was literally only a few steps away and I’m a water baby. I found the waves so alluring I just couldn’t wait to throw myself into the sea. The sea of course couldn’t wait to throw me out, back onto the beach. The breaking waves were huge and extremely powerful and no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t manage to get through those breakers out into the calm water. Each time a big roller came in I was tossed around and swept up onto the beach, sliding along the pebbles, hands, legs, arms, any which way. I had pebbly sand everywhere. The undertow was quite strong, which of course added to the power of the waves. The whole experience reminded me of being at the beach at Whakataki near my home. The beach there is quite dangerous, with an under tow and powerful rollers, so one needs to be cautious. On Sunday the sea was even more powerful, very much like Whakataki only a lot warmer, so I didn’t stay long in the water. While lots of people wander up and down the beach, many tried to body surf and beat the waves. Only a few succeeded.
Mui Ne has a huge Russian presence. Much of the signage around the streets where the resort is, is in Russian. And of course the Russians have a huge presence on the beach, both in numbers and in body masse. They are definitely sun worshippers, wearing very very scant item/s of clothing and rotating with the sun to get that over all tan, either on the sun loungers or standing on the beach beside the water.
Large over weight bodies en masse do cause the world axis to tilt, trust me.
No comments:
Post a Comment