"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Peace Lillies
The school eco team , as in doing things to support and protect the environment, have delivered Peace Lillies to each room throughout BIS School. I’ve not had a Peace lilly in any of my classrooms or in my home. So I’m quite pleased to have my first Peace offering, so to speak. However I have heard many stories about these plants and that adds to my excitement and my trepidation. Some people manage to get plants that flower and prosper producing many flowers. Other plants just seem to retain the one white flower they initially come with.
My plant shall not die due to lack of care. I now have the pot sitting on a plate to provide a watering system and I've shifted the plant to the floor, away from blasts from the AC. However my room gets very hot over the weekend so it will be imperative to keep my Peace Lilly well watered on a Wednesday evening when I move to the other campus, where of course I may be faced with another plant and bigger challenges. That room is alot darker and suffers also from the heat.
In a society that tries to care about its environment, and does operate a recycling system of sorts, the gift was appreciated. Peace be with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jocelyn, I've had a peace lily since 1994 and it has only ever flowered twice in that time. Could it be that I have not repotted it with lush new potting mix every year or so or fed it fertiliser? It gets watered and sits in a relatively dark place and always looks good. Just no flowers.....
When every war around the World ceases and Peace breaks out then your Peace plant will break out in a mass of red flowers and a flock of piglets will burst into flight.
When every war around the World ceases and Peace breaks out then your Peace plant will break out in a mass of red flowers and a flock of piglets will burst into flight.
Post a Comment