
Currently we have 3 peggy squares complete for our blanket after knitting club last night, and possibly 3 more weeks to go.
The Year 5 students are away on camp, its called residential here, so my knitting club numbers were down by 2. I have 4 really competent knitters, 3 more who just need lots of practice as they can manage independently now, 2 who have moved from beginner to learner and 1 beginner. In the three weeks the knitting club has been functioning I can see 9 of my 10 knitters have made a great deal of progress especially those who have gone from zero upwards. One of the things that jumps out at you is the perseverance and concentration of the knitters. They sat around for a whole hour and knitted. I remember learning and it's not easy. Like lots of learning its about practice, putting in the miles, so to speak. In this day and age of fast paced games, learning and lessons, music and noise, these girls just chilled out, concentrated and knitted. In the hour they didn't take breaks, move around, or talk a great deal. It really was heads down, knit 2, purl 2.
1 comment:
I nearly knitted a tie one day but it sort of turned into a sort of very short scarf.
Post a Comment