Thursday, February 09, 2012

Only our best will do. The Hungry Caterpillar pics






I’m pleased I have really persevered and insisted on observing and thinking about drawings in Kid Pix with my students, insisting they take their time and create the best possible drawing. I have really worked on creating meaningful storyboards and following this process through to the drawing in Kid Pix stage. Today I have had Year one come through my lab and I am delighted with some of the pictures they have created. Of course when you want to blog about the work, you just can’t remember who it was or find the correct folder. I considered there definitely was an anything will do attitude, “I’m done”. The school has a moto of only the best will do. I had wondered if I was being a bit too tough, putting my values on the work produced, but after today and seeing the time taken and the creations drawn I believe my conviction was right. Only your best will do. Of course for some children drawing is not their forte, and they do find it hard. However joining lines up, so the paint doesn’t leak out, using the paint bucket instead of a few scribbles lines as colouring in, no stick figures, and just taking care are just basics that anyone can manage.

1 comment:

Marg said...

These pictures are just wonderful. Definitely worth the persevering! You must feel thrilled when you see their accomplishments.