Sunday, March 04, 2012

Anybody got a recipe?


Cat and dog have long been rumoured to be the meat in the meal in some restaurants. My good guide book tells me that up in the Sapa mountain meat markets you see dogs for sale and beside that is a rider " and not for pets either". However you do find the oddest things in the supermarket. I've seen live frogs for sale, and I've seen bar-b-que, char grilled frogs. I’ve seen roasted fowl, heads and all. So today I couldn't resist snapping this pic and wondering what sort of recipe would make these feet palatable? I resisted the temptation to purchase and at 53,000 Vn Dong I would have thought that was expensive. Obliviously a delicacy I have no wish to try.

2 comments:

Marg said...

I don't think I could consume these either. I did a Google search for recipes and there are hundreds of them. Certainly not something I would have on my shopping list. Let me know if you finally pluck up courage to taste them. :)

Izzy said...

I do recall actually seeing packaged chooks' feet at Countdown here in Blenheim not so long ago! No I didn't buy them either. They probably taste alright if done to a crisp and if you like crispy chicken skin. There wouldn't be much meat on them though would there?