
You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl. Peter our An Phu Campus librarian, also a Kiwi, has purchased many titles of that age old rogue Hairy Maclary for our school library. And as everyone knows Hairy Maclary originates in NZ. James and Hamish and the countless children I have taught can vouch for my passion for Hairy Maclary and his friends, especially Scarface Claw. Today as a treat for the children in my classes and just to help export sales along as well, I read Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy with all the usual passion of a New Zealand expat, introducing a fantastic story to mainly Asian students. As you do. EEEEOOWWWFFFTZ!!!!!
2 comments:
Be interesting to know how Asian kids reacted.
Way to go, Jocelyn! We have a Hairy Maclary soft toy in our new entrant room and he goes home at the weekend with one of the children. They email a photo of them doing something exciting with him and it all goes into a book about his adventures. I made his kennel which was a real hit with the kids.
Post a Comment