Oh yes it rains in UAE. We're in the middle of an electrical storm. We had the works, lightening over head, thunder and now it's raining and has been doing so for about 45 mins. I have a wee deck beside my bedroom where I have a clothes rack to dry the clothes. I had to go and bring the washing in, that'll be a first, as the rain was beating into the deck. When you look at the quality of the buildings and the pace with which they pull down what look like perfectly good buildings, one is lying in bed listening, watching the lightening flashes and wondering about the functionality of my building. Suffice to say we're all still standing. Across the dirt roadway is an example of a building "under repair". I hope you can see the rain driving off the roof and the trees whipping in the wind. One could ALMOST be forgiven for wanting to go and stand in the rain. 6 hours later a few streets are still flooded.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
We're having an electrical storm
Oh yes it rains in UAE. We're in the middle of an electrical storm. We had the works, lightening over head, thunder and now it's raining and has been doing so for about 45 mins. I have a wee deck beside my bedroom where I have a clothes rack to dry the clothes. I had to go and bring the washing in, that'll be a first, as the rain was beating into the deck. When you look at the quality of the buildings and the pace with which they pull down what look like perfectly good buildings, one is lying in bed listening, watching the lightening flashes and wondering about the functionality of my building. Suffice to say we're all still standing. Across the dirt roadway is an example of a building "under repair". I hope you can see the rain driving off the roof and the trees whipping in the wind. One could ALMOST be forgiven for wanting to go and stand in the rain. 6 hours later a few streets are still flooded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wonder if there are any scorpions lurking in them thar buildings? It will be interesting to see if a new building springs up. If so, what shape would be good?
Post a Comment