Wednesday, September 23, 2009

FOG. The start of autumn


On the drive from the city right out to school there was fog this morning. The air had that very humid feel to it when I went outside and once outside I could see, or not see what it is all about. The fog wasn't a pea souper like Christchurch, so we travelled around 90 k, with the visibility approx 100m all the way. For about half the trip, there is continual roadworks as you can see. Sheik Zayed from Dubai has built this fantastic 12 lane freeway, 6 a side, from Dubai dropping down to 8 lanes, to Abu Dhabi. You'll not be surprised to know it's called Sheik Zayed Road. :-) I think our Sheik is attempting to do something similar. Abu Dhabi to Al Ain is 3 lanes a side wide and a fabulous highway to drive on. Now they are joining the triangle from Al Ain to Dubai with another 8 lane freeway. The 3 cities make up the points of a triangle with Abu Dhabi and Al Ain in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, and Dubai is the Emirate next door.

1 comment:

ianmac said...

I wonder if there would be enough traffic to make bottlenecks?