There are literally thousands of people walking in this park every day. The park is very well laid out and organised without being over the top, commercial and touristy, if you understand what I mean. While we were 2 of the thousands that passed in and out at no point did I feel I was being processed. My trek was my business, and I had the freedom and flexibility to do as many of the routes as I wanted, walk at my pace and walk where ever, as long as I stayed on the tracks and board walks. Some routes crossed paths, however all were well sign posted. Along the way were smaller trails for the fitter hikers to climb the hills and enjoy more of the scenery. I'm really happy with my close to hand enjoyment and view and the fact that the route was slowly steadily leading me down hill. My energy seemed to eek away over time and my camera became loaded with images as I tried to capture the magic of this place.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Friday, July 26, 2013
Plitvice National Park
This holiday was always about national parks, walking, nature and the outdoor environment. Everyone I talked with and all the literature I read recommended Plitvice National Park as a jewel in the Croatian crown of places to go and things to do. I'm here and I'm definitely not disappointed. They were so right this place is about enjoying the outdoor environment. Within the bounds of this national park are 46 turquoise lakes, streams, cascading waterfalls, wooded areas, kilometres of board walks, and scenery so beautiful. There are many trails around various parts of the park. Today we chose trail B which involved boarding the huge park bus like vehicle which deposited us right at the top corner of the park after grinding its way up some quite steep parts of the road. We then followed the track, walked along the board walks beside the lakes, in front of the waterfalls and cross crossed over steams, all the way down the park to the bottom waterfall. A welcome boat ride across the lake deposited us back at the beginning by the car parks and hotel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
What a wonderful place.
Absolutely gorgeous. Those waterfalls, the bush, beautiful lakes, wonderful walking tracks. Enjoy it to the hilt.
Post a Comment