
I have just walked to the laundry person's shop about 3 minutes from my apartment and got caught in a sandstorm. The whole thing blew up from nowhere, pardon the pun. The sand here is a very fine powdery grit not at all like conventional sand. The wind whips the sand along, making the whole environment look grey resembling driving rain. I have come inside with this fine grit all over my face, neck arms, any exposed skin, up your nose etc. in my eyes, in my hair, all over my clothes and inside the neck of my shirt. Not so much sand blasted, but blasted sand. This picture taken on my phone gives a little indication. I'd be struggling to see 50 meters in front of me at times and others 15 meters.
3 comments:
Those who play in the sandbox must be prepared to get a little sand all over the place and them! I do not envy you this.
I expect that being a tidy Kiwi you raked the sand flat again!
At least you won't need any powder makeup!
Post a Comment