Friday, May 14, 2010

Hanging out the washing or being hung out to dry


My washing machine has an enviro cycle on it, so loads of washing take about 15 mins to cycle through. Last night I did 2 loads of washing. So in the 15 mins it took for the second load to wash, the first load previously hung on the rooftop was already dry. Eat your heart out. All the buildings have a flat roof. No point in having a pitch roof, it so seldom rains, and where else will they put all the AC units? My roof top is quite large, intermittently dotted with 16 AC units. Some blocks even have parties on their roof tops that is how big the space it. At 6:30 pm I'm putting the washing out and at 6:45 I'm bringing it back in. Note the blue sky, even at that time in the evening. Tough life!

2 comments:

Marg said...

Definitely a saving on the electricity bill - no dryer needed here!

ianmac said...

I see that the wind has arrived. Actually I think that there are 32 AC units on the roof. Four for each apartment.