Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter


Happy Easter folks. It's hard to think Easter is a happening thing for you all. For us its another weekend and we continue working through. I have been out on a wee hunt, an Easter food hunt, at my local supermarket. I have returned with 2 packs of spicy hot cross buns, 2 packets of chocolate rabbits and some New Zealand gala apples. So tomorrow I'm going to have a little feast at work, a NZ Easter feast. By the way the apples were 6.95 AED a kg, that's about $3 a kg.
Although my supermarket has loads of expats shopping there, I have been unable to find any reference to Easter Eggs.there are tiny Hersheys chocolate eggs, but not Easter Eggs. There are chocolate rabbits but not Easter Eggs. No marshmellow eggs in sight!

1 comment:

Marg said...

No marshmallow eggs - just like England. My daughter misses them the most. Cadbury are now having some of their eggs made in China and the recipe has changed slightly. Can't tell you what they taste like as I haven't had any of those particular ones.
Just think, not being able to find Easter Eggs will have prevented any gain around the hips - A bonus? Perhaps not. Happy Easter to you.