Monday, February 21, 2011

What am I having for tea tonight? Roast Lamb


Roast lamb with roast veges and new asparagus for tea tonight. Can't get much better than that! I can buy NZ lamb and beef in my supermarket, along with Australian beef, and Parkinstani mutton. This very small leg cost 31 AED whcih would equate to about $11 - 12 NZ, however it will last for at least 2 meals. Do I care? NO. Its time for comfort food and today this is it. I'm not even going to speculate about the NZ farmer selling his lamb at the gate and only getting $35, while whoever gets quite a large mark up by exporting the lamb. All I will say is thank you.

5 comments:

Izzy said...

That leg of lamb looks great. Will you have mint sauce with it? I don't think you paid too much for it either - that price sounds pretty good to me! - compared with what I paid for a leg at Christmas time over here in N.Z.

Dave Parsons said...

Home comforts you deserve! The price of milk is an issue in the news today. Are you able to tell us what milk costs. Wouldn't it be ironic if it was cheaper in the UAE than in Kiwiland!

Marg said...

You can get a leg of lamb cheaper than we can. Don't forget the peas to go with it! Enjoy.

ianmac said...

I think it works out to be about $15NZ per kg. Must check it out locally.

ianmac said...

No less than that. If you double click the photo on Jocellyn's page you will see about 35 durhams per kg = $12 per kg. After all that travelling too! Must be a tired shank!