Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Definite signs of spring




There are definite signs that spring is on its way:
The evenings are beginning to draw out. It's after 6:30 now before darkenss sets in.
The early morning prayer call is right on 5:30 am, the reason I know, because it is the time I get up to go to work.
I no longer need to wear a cardigan to work in the mornings
We put the AC on once, at work during the week. AC's here don't do warm they only blow cold air.
AND we are having fog in the mornings again.
This morning there was thick fog for about 10 minutes, half way to school. There is a valley, not a valley as we would know, but a slight curvature in the sand that runs well down towards Abu Dhabi, providing a route for the warmer air to come inland and mingle with the cooler air of the desert. Everyone has their hazard lights on and the speed of the traffic drops considerably. While I wasn't driving today, it is fun travelling through these patches. Everyone's gaze is definity on the road ahead.

2 comments:

Marg said...

We do live in different worlds......I'd be looking for the first daffodils announcing that Spring was on its way

ianmac said...

It was a foggy morning such as this when Rabbit decided that it was time to something about Tigger!