


I am really proud of Ali for embracing change and trying new ideas. While he has a computer science degree and knows a lot about programming, this academic year he has responded by trying new programmes and using these in an integrated curriculum approach to support student learning. I introduced him to ComicLife, and then got Ibraham to facilitate a PD session for him. Ali has really explored the programme and thought about the ways in which the students can support their learning and ways of making learning different. Today I was in 3 of his classes and watched him show the students a few things. The composition of the static images that the guys created to support their English work was realy great. Of course from our perspective too, the students don't have access to this programme at home, so they have to do all their work at school, by them selves, and some are quite creative.
The boys in uniform are all Emirati and they attend an Al Sharheen military type programme 2 periods a week at school.
3 comments:
Never used Comic Life but I know that given half a chance boys are very creative and much more so than.....
Comic Life is such a neat piece of software. I am sure once those boys get plenty of screen time using CL their learning will be all the better for it. Love the fish design.
Isn't it wonderful to see your input coming to fruition?
Post a Comment