

I already had purchased a ticket to the semi finals and had planned to drive to Dubai after school to watch the evening games. However with our day off for the Prophet's birthday I cruised to Dubai to watch the whole day's play and I am so pleased I did so as I managed to watch 4 superb games of tennis. Patty Schynder lost, however that was followed by a battle between Kuznetsova a Russian, and Francesa Schiavone from Italy. They had played each other in a 4 hour marathon at the Australian Open with Schiavone winning 16 - 14 in the third. Kuznetsova avenged that lose yesterday, playing some fantastic tennis as the underdog.
Wozniacki, the lady in orange, was fantastic confirming her No. 1 ranking. Morita her poor Japanese oponent never got a look in, winning only one game. Morita had a lot of crowd support with many Japanese people waving their national flags. At the end of their game half the stadium emptied, so one can only conclude there are an awful lot of Japanese people who came along to support, as were the two sitting next to me, or the crowd only wanted to see Wozniacki. The final game of the night was 17 seeded Kaia Kanepi in black, from Estonia battle against Jelena Jankovic. Kanepi deserved to win as she played the better tennis, however Jankovic just hung in there despite losing the first set convincinly at 6 - 1. Jankovic didn't win, sadly Kanepi lost it, "rushing" says she the tennis expert, to play some killing winners. Kanepi also double faulted at cruical times which didn't help the cause. However in my opinion she's one to watch. Lu the Chinese lady was playing on the back courts in round 2 while the Russian Italian match was on so I didn't catch her, and sadly for her she to is catching an early flight home!
No comments:
Post a Comment