Today a herd of 20 camels meandered passed the school. This group contained young colts and older camels. I managed to get close enough, but not quick enough to grab a picture of one of the 2 male camels. I discovered the harness he was wearing protects his genitals. Now is this protection or a form of contraception? The males didn't seem at all protective of the group and freely wandered along while we were amongst them photographing. The grasses they ate reminded me of a type of cutty grass, and not in the least appetising however they seems quite happy to much away on it.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Wandering camels
Today a herd of 20 camels meandered passed the school. This group contained young colts and older camels. I managed to get close enough, but not quick enough to grab a picture of one of the 2 male camels. I discovered the harness he was wearing protects his genitals. Now is this protection or a form of contraception? The males didn't seem at all protective of the group and freely wandered along while we were amongst them photographing. The grasses they ate reminded me of a type of cutty grass, and not in the least appetising however they seems quite happy to much away on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The camel man said that the camels cannot handle hard surfaces like roads. These camels were not listening carefully to instructions! Pity that there is not much feed around your apartment so it would not be a good idea to take one home.
I wonder if they geld the male camels. Is there a camel equivalent of gelding, steer and wether?
Post a Comment