This post reminds me so much of NZ. It was Saturday morning, sleep-in morning. It was 8:00 am and the workmen are outside the apartment digging up the road using a huge grader, the noise is horrific...... and its raining!.
I went out to have a look later in the morning at the job being done. the grader as you can see form the npic is parked and the foreman with 2 of his labourers is having quite an invlved and lengthy chat.
It is now 3:30 pm and for the last hour a road roll has been driving up and down outside the apartment, obiviously compacting the foundations of our roadway. The vibrations coming through the building are quite severe. However after 1.5 days it has stopped raining!!
2 comments:
They will have to bring in a lot of fill to lift the level to that of the car parking. But what a strange time to build a roadway before the new apartments are finished.
Just what I was thinking Ian. Have they checked their levels yet? There is a huge difference between each each side of the new roadway. But I must say the area is all looking a lot more tidier. Lets hope they leave any sealing until the trucks have finished grinding up and down delivering building materials for the new building. As for all this happening on a sleep in morning- of course, it is Murphy's Law!
We look forward to the next update (I wonder what happens next ??!)
Post a Comment