Sunday, January 16, 2011

Coca cola price rise


Big news in our daily newspaper THE NATIONAL today. Taking up a whole page spread is the monumental rise of a can of coca cola. The price of a can of coke has remained at 1 AED a can since 1988. Depending of the value of the NZ dollar that's about 36 cents a can. Today the price of a can of coke rose to 1.5 AED, approx 50 cents a can NZ. Its amazing when you read the blurb exactly how much water it takes to create one 350ml can. It will be interesting to see what the other softdrink manufactures do price wise. Its so convenient to grab a 6 pack of softdrink from the super market and trundle home. I also read that each can has between 6 - 7.2 spoons of sugar
A 500 ml bottle of water ranges from .45 AED on special to 1 AED and that comes in a 6 pack also. Minus the sugar of course!

1 comment:

ianmac said...

Oh. Coke-Cola is still sold is it? Well I never! Its years since I saw any but then I just drink water and would not smoke cigarettes or drink fizzy drinks or go to that MacDonalds place. Shame!