As I’ve been away
for the last 4 days I haven’t had cause to look over my balcony at the
construction work below. However I noticed this morning there has been
progress. Right along the back boundary, boxing and reinforcing has been laid,
awaiting concrete, for what I suspect is the back wall of the new building. As
you can see from this photo, its mighty close to the boundary. The creamy
coloured wall is the side of my apartment building The greenry are some
climbers climbing up the boundary
fence to give a little privacy to the people in the first floor apartments, and
the boxing, oh so close! From my uneducated, speculative viewpoint on the fifth
floor, I think should the boxing indicates the wall of the new building its
going to be about 1 meter from my bedroom window.
Land prices in Ho
Chi Minh are very expensive, so every inch of land is used and literally
building are right up against each other, frequently butting on to the
previous. Its called getting intimate with your neighbours, and blocking out
your light. AND no doubt we’re going to be inundated with late night visits
from the concrete mixer trucks. I can hardly wait!

2 comments:
The forthcoming months are not to be envied. I can envisage you in your apartment wearing ear muffs to keep out the racket going on outside. Let's hope it takes two years to get up to your level. You might have left at that stage.
I have a hammer and a saw. That help?
Post a Comment