
Why do I choose to live and work overseas at this time? I am doing so for the new experiences, and today was another of those "I am so glad I am here, I am so pleased to take part in this" occasions. TET as you know is already a big occasion for the Vietnamese people. Today all the Vietnamese assistants organized a TET fair for the students at AP campus of BIS. The whole outlook reminded my of a typical British Village Fair, with buntings, flags and tents, well small thatched stalls, set up around an area of our playground.( Minus the tree in the middle of the Vista) The children in year groups, were invited to come down and take part. The activities did not have a cost, just the take part and enjoy factor. Included in the activities were the usual, face painting, fishing, lucky dips etc.


There were deviations on the theme eg lucky wheel, which of course was spinning for luck, because New Year is all about luck, lucky money etc. Others included hair styling, nail painting, bead threading etc. Different ones included sampling food, spring rolls (delicious) fish balls ( hmmm I’ll pass) and craft making. This man and his assistant made roses and grasshoppers from bamboo reeds. Clever.

Why do I choose to live in Vietnam… because its exciting and the experiences are fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment