Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Spreadsheeting, aided with chocolate



Today my Year 3 students got introduced to spreadsheeting through M and M's, chocolate coated smarty type sweets. The whole class were really excited, although I am sure it was more about eating the M and Ms after the lesson rather than the learning. Today in their booklets they recorded the M and M colours and the number of each colour in their packet before entering the data on the computer. I found it interesting the way some students grouped their sweets in their colours to count them. Some students grouped their sweets first and then counted and recorded, while others separated and recorded one colour, eg all the red, only moving to the next colour when the recording was complete. Don't you like Chae Won's (Chenny) meticulous separation and recording. Definitely a visual learner.

1 comment:

ianmac said...

I wonder which colour is the most popular?