Last night all the teaching assistants took all the teachers out to a Vietnamese restaurant for a buffet meal. I thoroughly enjoyed sampling lots of different foods, for example sour mango and chilli sauce, pork dumplings, sweet potato very similar to our kumara, bananas and coconut tapioca mix. Yummy. Then of course were the other foods I wasn’t so keen to sample!
Following Vietnamese custom TET is a time of giving. I teach a wee boy in Year 4, Long. His parents have sent along gift baskets for all his teachers. I feel really humble. My basket included a bottle of Red wine surrounded by crackers, iced tea, dehydrated scrimps cheese Orios and chocolate. Teachers are held in high esteem here, for doing a job we all enjoy. The willingness of the students, their cultural diversity and experiences make the job so interesting. I am enjoying being immersed in the Vietnamese culture.
1 comment:
Isn't it nice to be appreciated? I hope you enjoy all those goodies.
Post a Comment