I know there was press coverage when I was in NZ during Christmas with the government exploring the issues of giving free milk to NZ children. We have one NZ child at my TX campus who’s father incidentally works for Fonterra. Lo and behold this morning when I made the morning break cup of tea there in our fridge was this carton of NZ milk. Has milk to school children started already, and does it cover expat children I ask? I think not. However on things NZ, this is the first time I have seen evidence of any NZ diary products here in HCM City , although I am told Fonterra is a big player here in Vietnam and around Sth East Asia. This low fat milk cost 50,000 Dong approx $3 - $3.20. Normal pasterised milk is between 30 and 37,000 Dong depending if you buy from a local or Western supermarket, anything from $1.70.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Pure New Zealand milk. Is there any other sort?
I know there was press coverage when I was in NZ during Christmas with the government exploring the issues of giving free milk to NZ children. We have one NZ child at my TX campus who’s father incidentally works for Fonterra. Lo and behold this morning when I made the morning break cup of tea there in our fridge was this carton of NZ milk. Has milk to school children started already, and does it cover expat children I ask? I think not. However on things NZ, this is the first time I have seen evidence of any NZ diary products here in HCM City , although I am told Fonterra is a big player here in Vietnam and around Sth East Asia. This low fat milk cost 50,000 Dong approx $3 - $3.20. Normal pasterised milk is between 30 and 37,000 Dong depending if you buy from a local or Western supermarket, anything from $1.70.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wonder if that is a litre or 2 litres?
Good to see Fonterra's presence over there.
Good to see Fonterra's presence over there.
Post a Comment