I wanted to video some of the children today working with the BeeBots. I thought if I did small snapshots I MAY get some examples of co-operative learning, problem solving and celebration of success.
My first mistake was that I would need an awful lot of 30 seconds snapshots to be able to pick out the ones I wanted. Watching a pair of children write the directions for the BeeBots, then going through their sequence of programming the BeeBot watching the BeeBots course, followed by problem sovlibng if necessary was going to take more than the 30 seconds. Secondly my teaching assistant wasn't with me at this time, so I was the port of call for problems eg "Ms Jocelyn I have dropped my BeeBot and the batteries have come out". I figured it was more important to sort the foibles as they arose, and try filming next week. In the meantime I have hung a 30 sec clip to show you how you problem solve. If the BeeBot directions put it in the wrong place you simply lift him up turn him around and face him in the right direction. Problem solved. Not quite the result I was after with this particular pair of children or the strategy - but I DO have data now on the problem solving strategies used by this group. Don't worry about the directions, just shift the BeeBot!
1 comment:
Just shows why people triumph over other little beasties.
Post a Comment