Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Staff Christmas party



Traditionally at school the Western staff take the Vietnamese staff out for a meal at Christmas time, as this is our Western time to celebrate.Goodwill to fellow man. Then just before TET, the Chinese New Year, the Vietnamese staff take all the Western staff out for a Vietnamese meal. Last night we all gathered at an Indian restaurant for a buffet. It was a lovely evening and a chance for us to talk with the other Vietnamese staff we seldom during the see busy day.
I'm pictured here with Tue, my teaching assistant in the blue grey shirt, and Thanh one of the IT technicians in the white shirt, who has an office next to my room. I speak with Mr Thanh a lot.....
"The computers have just locked my Year 5 class out, can you please come now"
"Why have all the work folder disappeared?"
"The S drive is not showing up on these 2 computers, this one has frozen"
And the most common one
" The computers are wanting the students to change their passwords, and the students can't enter a new password or use their old one"
I'm continually dragging him into my teaching room to fix technical issues on the computers! So last night was a time for us to chat and for me to get to know the staff I work with better. Merry Christmas guys.

1 comment:

ianmac said...

Get a Mac or two why don't you?