Thursday, December 15, 2011

Expat Christmas Party. The dynamic duo




As previously written, last Friday a group of us got together and had our own Christmas party. This was the "do" where I made the meatballs as my food contribution. A dinner disaster, darling. For the item contribution I was going to read the 12 Days of Christmas, New Zealand Version. My friend Jeff didn't have an item and as he can sing I suggested we do a duo. I could harmonise in the background if called upon, and show the pictures. I underestimated Jeff, not only can he sing BUT he can perform too. We got a dramatic performance, as you can see from the 12 haka lessons, and I basically went along for the ride. Any sound I made was drowned out by Jeff , in tune, on key and on the stage. Merry Christmas.
There is a twist here. Jeff and 4 friends arrived from from District 2 in a cab, and went to what they thought was the correct apartment. You can guess the rest. Would you open your doors to carol singers with their rendition of Away in a Manger dressed like, well, reindeer, angels, whatever. NO.

No comments: