Today we had an award ceremony at school where our Principal Miss Ibtesam presented gifts and certificates. Here I am receiving my certificate of service to the school and a nice dainty watch as a gift. The card although written in Arabic was about friendship, being remembered for my contribution although I will have left. ` I feel privileged. I really like Miss Ibtesam. She is one switched on lady who is leading her school. She knows EXACTLY what is happening in her school. As a leader she models leadership so well. She does make a point of getting out into her school, with random visits to classes, observations of teachers and conversations with the students.
I remember Miss Ibtesam telling me one day how she had sat beside a grade 2 student and helped her draw a flower with Kid Pix. Miss Ibtesam was so proud of her efforts and then so devastated in the next breath as the wee sweetheart she was working with, promptly deleted the picture. This lady is one true professional, she just kept on smiling.
2 comments:
Sounds like you deserved the recognition. Well done your Ladyship.
Yes, well done Jocelyn and congratulations. A well deserved recognition of your contribution to the school - I am sure that it has been very much appreciated and they are so lucky to have had the benefit of your expertise. I guess you will be just a little bit sad to be leaving but BIS in Ho Chi Minh will be the next recipient of your skills. Good luck and enjoy Turkey.
Post a Comment