Sunday, June 05, 2011

It ain't half hot


Ive bought myself an iPhone. I have to hand back my company phone when I leave the UAE, and BIS in Vietnam don't issue you with a mobile, so it was purchase time. While I agonised for ages Nokia N8, iPhone 4, Nokia, iPhone, I'm now learning to drive the new beast. Of course the highlight of this new technology are the widgets and aps that you can download. Top of the list was the weather widget so I have loaded on Al Ain , spelt Al Ayn on the widget, Vietnam and Blenhim. Its definitely a case of compare and contrast For all you weather watchers out there Al Ain is topping the polls. Tonight its 8:35 pm and the current temperature is 40 degrees. I've been running the AC lots this weekend, with the newspaper predicting a top of 47 degrees as a warm wind came in across the desert. What ever the temperature it hasn't reached the unbearable... yet. Or have I acclimatised???

3 comments:

ianmac said...

You could find out if it is hot enough to fry an egg. Crack one egg on the bonnet of your car. Add two rashers of your newly found bacon. Stand back and sizzle!

Izzy said...

I think you have aclimatised - definitely.

Izzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.