I'm leaving the UAE at the end of this academic year and beginning a job in Vietnam as an ICT specialist teacher for British International Schools. BIS have been very good about sending out information, including the names of the newly appointed teachers starting in August with me. Catherine in a Brit, out in UAE teaching in the Emirate of Fujairah, on the eastern side of the peninsula. We have been emailing each other and yesterday took the opportunity to meet over coffee in Dubai. Catherine will be teaching KG nursery on the An Phu campus where I teach 2 days a week. Sadly her apartment is in District 2, where I'm in the centre of the city, however we both like a glass of wine, so that’s another good opportunity to meet up. Catherine is heading to Vietnam as a base for her travels into Asia. We had a fun time getting to know each other. I now know 2 people in Ho Chi Minh City. Only another 10 million or so to go!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Catherine BIS Vietnam.
I'm leaving the UAE at the end of this academic year and beginning a job in Vietnam as an ICT specialist teacher for British International Schools. BIS have been very good about sending out information, including the names of the newly appointed teachers starting in August with me. Catherine in a Brit, out in UAE teaching in the Emirate of Fujairah, on the eastern side of the peninsula. We have been emailing each other and yesterday took the opportunity to meet over coffee in Dubai. Catherine will be teaching KG nursery on the An Phu campus where I teach 2 days a week. Sadly her apartment is in District 2, where I'm in the centre of the city, however we both like a glass of wine, so that’s another good opportunity to meet up. Catherine is heading to Vietnam as a base for her travels into Asia. We had a fun time getting to know each other. I now know 2 people in Ho Chi Minh City. Only another 10 million or so to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Gidday Catherine. You look like an enthusiastic woman. Good luck in Ho Chi Minh City.
You certainly have made the most of your time over there Jocelyn and had some wonderful experiences in and around the UAE - not to mention the travels further afield in you longer holidays. Now another experience is on the horizon - how nice to have made the acquaintance of Catherine before you get to Ho Chi Minh City. Good luck for that venture - and congrats on the appointment.
Post a Comment