Friday, June 03, 2011

The blokes


Yesterday I worked with both my teachers together doing professional development of various kinds. Ibriham is younger and has a much more cavalier attitude, where as Ali is serious, really quite focused, keen to learn and likes things to be as right as he can make them without going over the top. Ibriham is more hit and miss. Here they are working on a student survey. As you can see Ali does the work, Ibriham gives the directions. I sat in on both their teacher appraisal interviews with the senior management teams. Although lots of both interviews were conducted in Arabic and my Arabic is weak, I could still follow the gist of what was happening. The senior management accepted Ali’s word on the results of the student survey. Ibriham needed to produce his as evidence. If only management were as interested in the reality in the classroom. Inshallah.

1 comment:

ianmac said...

Ibriham is obviously a born leader who is able to delegate. Why if he delegates enough he will not even need to turn up for work. Surely not.