Ibraham arrived at school today with a pottle of strawberries grown here in the Al Hayer area. These strawberries are sweet and delectable, believe me I’ve tasted them …. Normally strawberries in the supermarket come from Egypt and the USA of course, so this was a first for me. When you reflect on the idea of strawberries being grown in UAE it all makes perfect sense. We grow roses in this area too as we have the heat, ( bet that’s a surprise) and the controlled environment, so why not strawberries? I’m also guessing that strawberries could be grown most of the year, except perhaps the 2 months of winter when the temperatures drop just below 20!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Monday, May 02, 2011
UAE strawberries
Ibraham arrived at school today with a pottle of strawberries grown here in the Al Hayer area. These strawberries are sweet and delectable, believe me I’ve tasted them …. Normally strawberries in the supermarket come from Egypt and the USA of course, so this was a first for me. When you reflect on the idea of strawberries being grown in UAE it all makes perfect sense. We grow roses in this area too as we have the heat, ( bet that’s a surprise) and the controlled environment, so why not strawberries? I’m also guessing that strawberries could be grown most of the year, except perhaps the 2 months of winter when the temperatures drop just below 20!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Icecream,icing sugar, and ripe strawberries. Ahhhh!
No Ian, a good dollop of camel poo is best on strawberries!
I'd stick to the cream or icecream Dave! They look delicious.
Dave.How do you get your teeth clean after you have eaten your version?
Post a Comment