Sunday, May 29, 2011

2 new exciting places


I’m leaving Al Ain soon and now I discover 2 more good things right under my nose. I went out last night with Madeleine and Alex for a Chinese meal at their favourite restaurant. I’ve had Chinese meals at a couple of Chinese restaurants here in Al Ain city centre before. The food and the service has been fairly mediocre. However this new restaurant was absolutely magnificent, including food, atmosphere and service. Hidden away towards the outskirts of the main street was a tiny restaurant managed by a Chinese looking Indian with perfect English. He tells us he has been in Al Ain 30 years and never been to China. He’s a very well read man as he confessed to having read about New Zealand in books.” That’s the country where you touch noses when you meet your friends”. The food was fantastic, I shall return.
From our table in the restaurant we looked across the busy street at Choithram’s supermarket. On the end of the supermarket is a small pork room for non Muslims. Ham, bacon, and other pork related products all on show and available from fridges, tucked around a corner out of sight. So tonight for tea -streaky bacon.

1 comment:

Izzy said...

Sounds good - yummmmm! From the look of the wrapping, the bacon might be Danish?