Madeleine, Alex and I drove down to Abu Dhabi for the last night of the Abu Dhabi Classics season with the BBC orchestra at the Emirates Palace Hotel. The theme of the evening was from Broadway to Hollywood. Keith Lockhart was back conducting and we had a husband and wife team Marin Mazzie and Jason Danieley singing many of the classics. The programme was varied with numbers from Cole Porter, Gershwin, Bernstein and Rodgers. A fab night.
The 7 star Emirates Palace Hotel is an amazing place, gob smackingly so. The amazing thing is that it’s open to the public to wander around and stare, photograph and generally marvel at the opulence and elegance. Madeleine and I of course used the gold bathrooms and couldn’t resist the opportunity to snap and photo of 2. I felt a tad underdressed standing beside Madeleine in her posh concert outfit, in the gold bathroom of mirrors and beautiful hand towels…….
2 comments:
I looked for your stripey blouse up on stage but couldn't see you.
Did the audience get up and dance like the Brits at the Final night at the Proms?
"Rule Britannia, Britannia rules....."
those bathrooms are something else. The one I went into at the Atlantis Hotel on The Palm was overwhelming. Like you, I sneaked a photo of it. I wonder whether they will have the proms in Vietnam...
Post a Comment