Sunday, August 09, 2009

Let the adventure begin.




In my decade of challenges I'm about to take up and begin a rather big challenge. I'm off to the United Arab Emirates, UAE on Thursday to take up a position as a teacher adviser in ICT for 2 years. I spent just over a month last year in the Middle East and loved it, so I'm heading back. I'm working in 2 schools in Al Ain about 2 hours drive inland from Abu Dhabi. Al Ain sits right on the border of Oman and the UAE, where the photo of the camel riding was taken. We stayed in Al Ain last year for a couple of days and I managed to drive and get us lost! I did tell them I got lost during the interview and they still employed me. There were lots of things left on the to do list, so I am excited to be going back. I am traveling with a friend who is also going over to work as an IT teacher adviser too. Sadly she will be based in Abu Dhabi, however that gives me a place to visit and a friend to hang out with.
News last week was that the next America's Cup, the multihull boats is being raced in the gulf off Dubai, and let us not forget the Dubai Tennis Open. Guess who will have front row seats?
So let the adventure begin.:-)

2 comments:

Moturoa said...

We seem to be loosing quite a few ICT types to that part of the world. Good luck and save travels.

Do keep blogging so we have a insight into your new world.

Allanah

Riverlands Room 2 said...

You will be missed but what a great opportunity. Hope you keep adding to you 101 tools as I am enjoying trying them all out.Best wishes Karen and Dave Paterson