I've been out and about and am fascinated with all the forts that are very evident in Al Ain. Oman was protected by forts so I guess as the Bedouin people were wandering around the desert they built forts to protect themselves from invaders. Even the Palace in the city is constructed in a fort like manner. High walls, with turrets and such like inside. The Al Jahili fort here, was built as a park. I am such a Kiwi, help me spot the trees and the grass. However the structure is rather beautiful and open to the public. last night my 1 in a million friend Mulham emailed me through a copy of the new seasons music programme. The New York Philharmonic will be playing in the fort in October. That's a must attend. I heard from Rosemary ex TEAM solutions that the acoustics in the fort are just fab. Roll on October
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Fortification, the non alcohol variety.
I've been out and about and am fascinated with all the forts that are very evident in Al Ain. Oman was protected by forts so I guess as the Bedouin people were wandering around the desert they built forts to protect themselves from invaders. Even the Palace in the city is constructed in a fort like manner. High walls, with turrets and such like inside. The Al Jahili fort here, was built as a park. I am such a Kiwi, help me spot the trees and the grass. However the structure is rather beautiful and open to the public. last night my 1 in a million friend Mulham emailed me through a copy of the new seasons music programme. The New York Philharmonic will be playing in the fort in October. That's a must attend. I heard from Rosemary ex TEAM solutions that the acoustics in the fort are just fab. Roll on October
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It really does look like a huge sandcastle.
Post a Comment