









Today we had to do a health and safety visit at our schools, so it was a chance for us 3 newbies to explore our new environment. When they said there was work to be done I thought teaching and learning. They did mean that.....but no. Over the summer break painting and maintenance has been carried out and will continue to be done over the next month, and the month after that etc. Being a girls school they need to have it finished before the students arrive. for obvious reasons. Then EVERYTHING needs to be cleaned. There is layers of fine desert dust everywhere, as well as a few toilets lying in the corridors, a water system pulled out of the wall and sitting in the passage, and so it goes on.
Underneath it all I'm sure it will be a great place to work and I feel pleased to be here. My glass is half full. (Of water) When I looked at some of the assessments I feel excited that I can be part of the implementation process and bring about some creativity and change to the learning. Grade 9 ergonomics assessment. Photocopy sheet. Draw a line from the sentence, eg Light should shine over your shoulder to the corresponding picture. 5 pics 5 sentences 20 marks. It would be hard to fail, both for the girls and I. (I hope) I have made the pics small to give you an impression.
Pic 1 Hidden behind the gates, gatekeeper on duty
Pic 2 Pigeon nests between the windows. Inquiry learning at its best?
Pic 3 The best classroom, it was downhill after that
Pic 4 On going maintainance
Pic 5 Broken furniture, dumped around every corner
Pic 6 Pigeon poo everywhere
Pic 7 The assembly hall
Pic 8 The gymnasium, huge and glamorous
Pic 9 One of the 2 computer labs
Pic 10 My work station
No comments:
Post a Comment