Monday, September 05, 2011

And over the Saigon Bridge we go.


My mother asked me "what's it like out there"? Crowded, would be one word that comes to mind, lots of motorbikes would be another three. I'd also add vibrant, exciting and totally different to any where else I have lived. This picture taken by a friend shows life on one of the many Saigon Bridges at 5:30pm in the evening coming and going out of District 1 the CBD. I have to admit to not seeing it quite this busy... however you get the general idea. Bridges and highways often have 2 separate lanes, one for cars, buses etc and one for bikes. My TA Tue, tells me that riding a motorbike outside the motorbike lane can result in a fine for the driver. I have seen drivers in the car lane. However on a day like this, it would take a brave person to try and flag down an offending passing motorcyclist and issue a ticket.

1 comment:

ianmac said...

Gulp! Driving in that traffic? Our town doesn't even have any traffic lights so coping with HCM City would be really like a nightmare.