Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Introduction to Kid Pix




I have managed to talk our technicians into loading Kid Pix onto my lab computers. So today was the beginning of what I hope are some fantastic lessons, great learning and wonderful pictures. Year 2 managed really well, considering this was their introduction. There was absolute silence in the room and the little faces so focused on the screens, their story boards and their drawings. Year 1 weren't quite as focused, none the less there were SOME good drawings. Tue, my TA thought introducing the wee sweethearts to KidPix was better than using Paint. So here we are starting on our journey of discovery. Bring it on!
While ICT is a specialist subject, it is also integrated into the curriculum and definitely has a focus in the learning and the school. I'm excited about the change that I hope I can bring through the programmes I am introducing and using, integrating with the learning in the classroom. It is encouraging to see that "playing" on the comoputer and ganes in the labs are not part of the ethos of BIS. Its all about learning!

1 comment:

ianmac said...

And what a happy smiling set of pictures they have.