
My apartment building is on a back section. Therefore have to walk down a driveway, planted on each side with bamboo to access our building. It is the wet season at the moment, so it rains most days, mostly in the late afternoon or evening. The rain can last anything from about 10 mins to 2 hrs. Whenever we have a shower of rain the snails appear and crawl across the coblestones in the driveway. Today was no different. Vietnames snails are quite big, this one being about 3 - 4 inches. I put my bracelet down so you could get some idea of its length. The first time I came across a snail on a wet eveing, I thought the shell I had kicked was actually a sea shell and wondered why sea shells were on the drive way. The shells are really quite impressive and have a lot more strength than the NZ counterparts. While these shells can be broken and crushed underfoot, it takes quite a effort to do so.
1 comment:
Yum yum!
Post a Comment