I've introduced the students at Tx Xuong to the concept of story boarding. So here is a selection of pics of some of the Year 2 drawings. I was really surprised at the quality of their drawing and storyboarding. My teaching assistant made the comment that the students in this particular class really like to draw. I am also impressed with the quality of the writing, or have I been Emiratised? Not sure about the year, have I really been at BIS that long???
Another observation was the informal grouping and the way the students automatically gravitated towards their own gender. The world over, except for the Emirates, most of the children formed gender based groups. Within the class there would be a combined mixed gender group and the rest, smaller separate gender groups.
1 comment:
Hui Jong has a remarkable picture. Even his thumbs are the right way up, but more remarkable is the perspective of his figure. Its as though from on high looking down on him as opposed to full frontal as the others have done. If its not a copy then he would be one to watch.
Post a Comment