The weekend before last the Formula 1 racing was in Abu Dhabi and life down there was manic, so they say. I was out in one of the malls in Al Ain where I live, walking through Marks and Spencers as it happens, and this voice calls out Jocelyn. I turned around to see my Jordanian friend from last trip up this way, Mulham. His sister Azra had driven him and his Mum up to Al Ain for a change of scenery because of the racing and the crowds down there. So I got to meet his Mum this time.Such lovely people especially Mum as she tried to talk in English. I'd already met his sister when I bumped into them on my arrival here in August. The chances of a co-incidental meeting the first time were 1: 1.4 millon so the odds twice must be so much greater. The concert programme is really beginning now and we have had 2 concerts here in Al Ain. Sadly there is the quick and the dead as far as ticket sales go and I'm not that quick as you well know.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
We meet again
The weekend before last the Formula 1 racing was in Abu Dhabi and life down there was manic, so they say. I was out in one of the malls in Al Ain where I live, walking through Marks and Spencers as it happens, and this voice calls out Jocelyn. I turned around to see my Jordanian friend from last trip up this way, Mulham. His sister Azra had driven him and his Mum up to Al Ain for a change of scenery because of the racing and the crowds down there. So I got to meet his Mum this time.Such lovely people especially Mum as she tried to talk in English. I'd already met his sister when I bumped into them on my arrival here in August. The chances of a co-incidental meeting the first time were 1: 1.4 millon so the odds twice must be so much greater. The concert programme is really beginning now and we have had 2 concerts here in Al Ain. Sadly there is the quick and the dead as far as ticket sales go and I'm not that quick as you well know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment