Tuesday, October 06, 2009

UAE Tea


Salama my IT teacher gave me a cup of tea yesterday, and it was just divine. It's a thick sweetish tea, and don't you love the cup!
Today I went back to their office for another cup at morning break. The school doesn't have a staffroom as such, only a big meeting room so the teachers spend their breaks in their respective offices, up to 6 teachers per office. The tea is made by putting the tea leaves in a large pot of water and boiling the water until the liquid is very dark. They then add some sugar and evaporated milk and boil for another 10 minutes. The end result is a smooth thick liquid, almost the consistency of Baileys. They pour the tea from a pot very much like a NZ coffee pot, and is bought into the school from???? in large thermos type containers. I don't have sugar in tea and while I notice this tea is sweet, it's not as sweet as NZ sugared tea. I've not come across anything quite like it before and after one cup I am keen to have more of this drink.

1 comment:

ianmac said...

Hot sweet tea! Ah. That'd put hairs on yer chest!