Monday, October 19, 2009

Emirati Women


Today I took my first classes and modelled for my ICT teacher. This was Grade 1 and we were using Kid Pix for the very first time, ever. KidPix is not a programme that is used over here at all. After spending a large chunk of the morning loading the programme onto the computers I then bought these wee sweethearts into the lab.I'd borrowed a carpet from the English class next door so we started on the carpet for a demonstration and off they went. Most girls took to it like ducks to water. So if you have ever wondered what a mother looks like under an abya, I have a drawing to help you out. Don't you just love the hair, ever so patriotic. And the concentration.

1 comment:

Marg said...

Loved the picture of the mum. Loved the concentration too. You must be thrilled with their efforts for a first go at KidPix. Now I wonder if I should die my hair rainbow colours?