Scott a colleague from the University stopped off in Dubai with his group of friends on their way home from their trip to Turkey. I drove down to Dubai to catch up and plan the UAE outpost for University of Canterbury. Scott, Raukura, and I, and Ian Hall lives here too now. Just like old times, what an awesome team. I took Scott on an explore of the city which included a trip to Mall of the Emirates, a very glitzy mall with thousands of shops........ and Ski Dubai. While we're looking in on the ski field through the windows in the mall in about 25 degree temperatures, and very carefully controlled air con. Below are the skiers in minus 4. To create the ambiance of the ski resort the coffee shop has a log fire. Don't be too fooled, its a plasma TV, with the flames and the glow, however the bits of firewood are genuine. Only the Emiraties would conjure up such a feat.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Colleague Visits. Scott "warming" to the Emirates
Scott a colleague from the University stopped off in Dubai with his group of friends on their way home from their trip to Turkey. I drove down to Dubai to catch up and plan the UAE outpost for University of Canterbury. Scott, Raukura, and I, and Ian Hall lives here too now. Just like old times, what an awesome team. I took Scott on an explore of the city which included a trip to Mall of the Emirates, a very glitzy mall with thousands of shops........ and Ski Dubai. While we're looking in on the ski field through the windows in the mall in about 25 degree temperatures, and very carefully controlled air con. Below are the skiers in minus 4. To create the ambiance of the ski resort the coffee shop has a log fire. Don't be too fooled, its a plasma TV, with the flames and the glow, however the bits of firewood are genuine. Only the Emiraties would conjure up such a feat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment