Saturday, April 12, 2014

The view from the room. The room without the view

While I have been away on Spring Break for  2 weeks the construction company have completed 2 concrete pours and are now subsequently working on the 7 th floor. The view from my balcony to the east and the river is now obscured. I am lucky my apartment is on the corner of the building and the boundary for the new building actually comes up to the edge of my bedroom. So my bedroom window is not covered by the building  like the other  2 apartments on this side of our building. For them it's like living in a cave with no natural light.  As you can see from the pic below I still have a view over the small buildings straight in front of me, and the light comes into my living room. I am pleased that after my first year I had the insight and opportunity to shift to the side of our building, thus putting me on the end of the front. I not only have "escaped" the building directly in front of my windows and balcony I did gain a small window on the west side wi hitch does allow minimal cross ventitaltion. I only have 11 weeks to go.

Pics.
View from bedroom window
View from balcony looking to the east and directly into the construction x 2
View from balcony looking straight ahead.








2 comments:

ianmac said...

Rapid growth alright! It is good that you can still see the roadway and its activity straight down below, as in the last photo. I can almost hear the callers plaintive cry as they cycle slowly past. Every "progress" has a price.

Marg said...

Yep, must be almost time to leave. Can't be all that nice having a great big building like that just outside the window.