Ian was feeling weary so I walked the 20 minutes into Korcula township and had a great day sitting in a bay watching the world go by.
The walled town on the peninsula.
The very two expensive super yachts that arrived in this bay. There are bigger ones around the corner.
Just a normal selection of boats and yachts in my bay.
The beach where I was, please note the clear water. These bays and coves are inhabited by swimmers all the way around the island. Parts are pebbles and further along stones. Everyone wears aqua shoes or crocs to come and go over the stones. I am now a proud owner of my first pair of crocs. Wearing jandals into the water just doesn't cut the mustard!
Body form is accepted. People walk around wearing their swim wear, going and coming from their houses to the water. They sit around and swim, the large, the tanned, the small and the not so tanned and nobody worries or pays any notice. The elderly and the very elderly included. Today I was at a local part of the beach where residents come to swim, sun and socialise including some very elderly men and women. People wander around in town, catching buses, in every day situations with a bikini top on and shorts. Again anything goes and is accepted. I seamlessly fit in.





2 comments:
I'm glad you have some crocs (or imitation) as they really are very comfortable to wear. I love mine.
That really is an apology for a beach in your photograph..... I just hope the tide does not come in any further!
A day on the beach, in and out of the water, lazing in the sun, enjoying an ice-cream, looks idylic. Love those super yachts too.
Post a Comment