"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” Dr Seuss.
Thursday, November 08, 2012
ICT class trip
I'm back at work after our mid term break, and head first into things. This time I planned and took a class trip. My Year 3 and 4 students have been looking at digital photography and the art of taking good quality digital images. Rule of thirds, getting up close etc etc. Not far from school, almost into the very centre of the city is a water feature, called Turtle lake, minus the turtle of course. Some of my students swear they saw a small turtle. Turtle Lake has bridges and walkways spanning the water. This provides an ideal place for the young / adolescents to meet up. Turtle lake also provides an ideal location for fantastic photography with reflections, interesting architecture, people, a viewing platform etc etc. Turtle lake is also the centre of a massive round about, with many arterial roads leading out from this hub. So I find myself in the centre of a city of 11 million people, on a very busy road with motorbikes going every which way, on a super hot day, over water, with 20 enthusiastic students, 10 cameras and my heart in my mouth. End result some really good photography, and no disasters
. The morning session was so good I did it again in the afternoon. I must be mad. We did get the school bus to drop us off and pick us up and I took 4 teaching assistants with me. On the whole the kids were great and so were their photography skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Mmm. That class of about 16 is far too big. Can't possibly manage that many with only 4 assistants!
Great idea though.
All nice photos, especially the one of the reflections of the bridge way. Plus the one of the student lying low to get a good shot.
Post a Comment