Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Movies

Today Year 5 are frantically working hard to complete their Christmas movies ready for the Christmas Concert next Wednesday. I have spent the last 2 days grabbing their classes whenever I have a free period.... and still we only have 6 movies finished. Of course the best ones are still to come......I'm back at that campus Tuesday so the pressure is really on, them and me. The biggest stumbling block at the moment is getting the pictures to sync with the music and the lyrics. Michael and Nicholas spent alomg time perfecting the timing in their movie. They have chosen 12 Days of Christmas, so they have lots of pics to sync. While they waited they had a little sing-a-long, totally out of tune, as if I can talk, however totally enthusiastic. I have realy enjoyed this part of my ICT class time. I gave the students the challenge,like an Inquiry unit with parameters. Pictures could be digital stills or hand drawn in Kid Pix and let them go to it. We have used PhotoStory as it handles digital images and doesn't ned any fancy cropping and cutting. The end results are OK, not as good as last year, but then I haven't seen them all. Sing a long and enjoy!!

2 comments:

ianmac said...

I could only view it by clicking on the "Youtube" icon on the bottom right corner of the 12 days screen. Top marks for enthusiasm and great skill to get the timing right.

Marg said...

Aren't they enjoying it! Great stuff Jocelyn